Income Tax Preparation Services

Get Your Taxes under Control with Income Tax Preparation Services

As the tax deadline nears each year, it’s normal to feel a little stressed about income tax preparation. Unfortunately, complicated tax situations can cause a lot more stress than they should. With lengthy forms, endless questions, updates to your personal and professional life, and the looming threat of the IRS, it’s no wonder that millions of people lose sleep over their return.

The good news is, you don’t have to deal with taxes on your own, nor should you. By seeking out the help of a professional Long Beach CPA, you can confidently sift through all the information so you can file your taxes with confidence. Properly filing your tax return includes understanding which form is right for you:

  • Form 1040 – This is one of the official documents that taxpayers can use to file a return. It is the main form that is used when filing taxes because it allows for self-employment income and itemized deductions.
  • Form 1040EZ – If your filing status is single or married filing jointly, and your tax situation is fairly simple, you can use this form instead of the 1040 form. For example, if you do not make over $100,000 and do not have any dependents to claim, this form might be best for you.
  • Form 1040A – This form may be an option if your tax situation is too complex for the 1040EZ form, but you still don’t require itemized deductions. This particular form has its own list of acceptable income sources and possible claimed credits.

Business taxes simplified

A professional will know the appropriate way to file corporate taxes, with an eye for providing you with the largest refund possible. It all depends on filing the right information, and helping you understand all of your options. Some schedules that may be required include:

  • Schedule B – This particular schedule is all about interest regarding mortgages, bonds, and more. This schedule may also be an option for individual filers.
  • Schedule C – This schedule is used to report income or losses from your business.
  • Schedule D – This schedule is used to claim capital gains, or to address nonbusiness bad debts.

Dealing with amended returns and extensions

In some cases, filing a return isn’t enough. You may have to look into amending a previous return or requesting an extension, if your taxes are causing you more trouble that you expect. Unfortunately, the IRS doesn’t make it easy.

Having a team of professionals on your side is the best way to ensure your particular tax situation is dealt with in a timely and respectful manner, all while having the entire process explained along the way.

Assisting a wide variety of clients

We have experience assisting a wide variety of clients that include:

  • Individuals
  • Corporations
  • Partnerships, LLCs, and LLPs
  • Nonprofit foundations

Caring, compassionate assistance

Whether you’re an individual who wants to file with a spouse or you own your own business, it’s important to find a tax partner who is sensitive to your unique situation. A quality firm will provide you with access to the entire team, with the benefit of having a single point of contact throughout the process which allows you to build a relationship with your particular tax professional. No matter what your unique situation brings, you will be able to face the challenges of your tax return with a CPA on your side, which includes helping you in the event of an audit.

Don’t lose sleep over your taxes. Get the support you need with professional income tax preparation services in Long Beach and Signal Hill by contacting us today.

Income tax preparation FAQ

When is the deadline to file taxes?

The deadline for filing personal taxes is April 15th. However, that date may change depending on whether it falls on a weekend or a holiday. Some years, the deadline is as late as April 17th.

In some cases, you may qualify for a deadline extension. To find out if you can file your taxes later than the due date, meet with a professional CPA.

What personal information should I bring?

Information that will be needed for each family member includes:

  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • Social Security Card /ITIN/ATIN
  • Last year’s tax return
  • Valid driver’s license

There is a lot of additional information that you should bring, if it applies to your situation:

  • W-2s
  • Self-employment income and expenses
  • Sale of a personal residence
  • Rental income and expenses
  • Sale of any business assets
  • Gambling or lottery winnings (W-2G for some winnings)
  • State income tax refund (1099-G)
  • Pension income (1099-R)
  • Estimated taxes paid
  • Social Security or Railroad Retirement (SSA-1099 or RRB-1099)
  • IRA or 401(k) distribution (1099-R)
  • And more

To make sure you bring all of the necessary paperwork, talk to your CPA about what you should bring before you meet.

How can I check the status of my refund?

If you want to check the status of your refund, click here. The site is updated every 24 hours, so check back daily.

There is an endless array of questions pertaining to tax preparation. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our office in Signal Hill is close to the 405 freeway and easily accessible from the greater Long Beach area.